Women in the arts, academe, and business may apply for a residency of from one to four weeks. Openings are available for summer and fall 2013.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. In order to be considered, you will need to
- complete the Application for Residency (PDF),
- including a brief description of what you hope to accomplish or the project you will work on while at Hypatia-in-the-Woods;
- pay a $20 non-refundable processing fee; and
- for artists – provide samples of your work: three pages of poetry, ten pages of prose (12-point font minimum), photographs, photographs of works of art, CD recording, or some other example of your art form;
- for academics and business people – provide a current resume.
Once received, the review of your application takes approximately two weeks. Our director will be in touch with you after your application is considered.
While in residence at Hypatia-in-the-Woods, we offer residents the opportunity to give a public reading, a book signing, showing of works, or appropriate venue for a performance.
In case you missed the link above, here is the Application for Residency (PDF). Print, fill out, and return with the other required information and processing fee to Hypatia-in-the-Woods.
For details and photos of the Holly House just follow this link.
If you have any questions about the application process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org